Friday, June 19, 2015

June Update focusing on the ALMOST finished Gentleman's Bathroom

After being in Florida Ray and I both got the "cottage" bug. Who am I kidding. I got the cottage bug and Ray just goes with the flow. Big porches, wrap-a-round a huge plus. Black and white kitchens. Well, pretty much black and white everything. I have a serious thing for hex tile. Serious. Penny tile too. Subway tile. Can't get enough of it. Lovely, easy, and Ray's very favorite: cheapish. He's thrilled when I stay with porcelain but do occasionally wander into the marble world.


I have a very firm grasp on all the bathrooms but ours. Well, sort of. At this very moment I'm going to do the Gentleman's bath in a deep, rich brown, set off with white tile. Do need to get that picked out. Going to reuse the big Kohler Memoirs pedestal sink that was in the master bath in that bath. A new window, bless Ray's heart, is going in the shower at the top. Along with a nice size shower. Reusing the toilet and mom's little chest will go in here. I bet it gets a paint job. The guys have to move the door. Another thing Ray and Cody just can't wait to do.


Update to that bathroom. Well, not certain mom's chest is going to fit. When the HVAC guys were moving things around for us they that to move a big pipe in that bathroom. This weekend we will draw everything out in there: shower, walls, toilet and sink and see how much room that is. I need 23". Will let you know how that works out.


HA, I started this in December. It's June now and things have changed.


Gentleman’s Bathroom is SO close to being done. I need to get in there and really CLEAN then call the plumbers out to install the toilet and sink. It’s not a lovely brown it’s a GORGEOUS bluish green. BM Gentleman’s Gray 2062-20 which is very misleading. We all LOVE this color! As I’ve said before - we have lots of things started and frankly nothing finished. So close but just not quite there yet. Someday soon the plumbers might show up to put in the lovely Kohler Memoirs toilet and pedestal sink. Delighted to say we are reusing the sink - was in the master and now in the gentleman’s bathroom. Will be using our favorite mirror, well you’ll see. Someday….until then here are some teasers:
Image result for benjamin moore gentleman's gray0403151020a.jpg0403151020.jpg

The laundry room has gone from neon green, I know, what was I thinking to my fav BM Stratton Blue. I must get in the someone completed rooms and CLEAN, shut the doors and call it a day.

Taking you back to Gentleman's bathroom. Check out the ceiling!!! We just love it. V-groove with spar varnish. We love the trim around the window, that was of course an ordeal, and the granite around the niche. I have to say, unfortunately just about everything is an ordeal.



No comments:

Post a Comment